Official Website of ASHRAE SSPC 135
This Website is dedicated to providing the latest information on BACnet - A Data Communication Protocol for Building Automation and Control Networks. Developed under the auspices of the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), BACnet is an American national standard, a European standard, a national standard in more than 30 countries, and an ISO global standard. The protocol is supported and maintained by ASHRAE Standing Standard Project Committee 135 whose members have created and provided the content for this Website.
Here you will find the latest BACnet news, the status of SSPC 135 activities, a comprehensive bibliography of BACnet publications - many of which are available on-line - along with a wealth of other information. In keeping with ASHRAE's long-standing tradition and policy of non-commercialism, this site contains no advertising. However, BACnet's success depends on the implementation of BACnet in commercial products. Thus, we are pleased to offer links to the Websites of manufacturers who are supporting BACnet through their product offerings.
The SSPC welcomes your comments and suggestions concerning this site!
- BIG-EU Announces Euro-Plugfest-2014! (02/14) Dortmund, Germany.
The BACnet Interest Group - Europe is inviting interested BACnet implementers to sign up for its 8th BACnet Interoperability Workshop, also known as a "Plugfest"! This year's event will take place from May 21 to May 23 and will be hosted by Siemens Switzerland AG, Building Technologies Division in Zug, Switzerland. For more information and/or to register, click here!
- BACnet Forum France 2014 on February 11! (02/14) Paris, France.
A one-day forum covering a wide range of interesting BACnet topics will be held on Tuesday, February 11, in Paris. Complete details may be found in this flyer!
- Fall SSPC Meeting to be Held Again at Georgia Tech! (10/13) Atlanta, GA. This year's fall SSPC 135 Plenary and Working Groups meetings will again be hosted by Georgia Tech in Atlanta from Monday, November 4 until Friday, November 8. Complete details may be found here!
- BI Confers "Leaders of the Pack" Awards for 2013! (10/13) Las Vegas, NV.
Congratulations are in order for the recipients of BACnet International's "Leaders of the Pack" awards! These awards are intended to allow BACnet International members to recognize and celebrate the hard work, commitment and accomplishments of its members.
||Dave Robin of Automated Logic
||The Bulldog Award serves to recognize an individual for always coming to the rescue and for unquestioning loyalty to BACnet International and the BACnet standard. Dave Robin led the BACnet Committee for four years, served on the BACnet International Board of Directors, pushes BACnet on ISO TC 205, and tirelessly develops BACnet’s CSML, web services, and related technologies that are core to BACnet’s future direction.
|Doberman Pinscher Award
||Paul Jordan of American Auto-Matrix
||The Doberman Pinscher Award is given for keeping the group in line and upholding the BACnet standard. Paul Jordan is an intelligent and thoughtful leader. He serves on the BACnet International Board of Directors. He has been a technical force within the building automation industry for decades. He is faithfully committed to the goals of the BACnet International community and contributes his times and talents to our mutual advancement.
||Ben Dorsey of KMC Controls
||The Howler Award serves to recognize an individual for making a lot of noise about BACnet International and BACnet Standard. Ben Dorsey promotes the BACnet standard and BACnet International on a level that is unmatched by his industry peers. His involvement on the BACnet International Marketing Committee acts as an almost endless supply of fuel for his BACnet fire. At KMC Controls corporate events, customer meetings, sales visits, and industry exhibitions, Ben works tirelessly to promote BACnet International and KMC Controls' involvement with the organization. Ben's exuberance and energy in educating the world on the topic of BACnet has greatly increased visibility and awareness of the standard.
|Fox Hound Award
||Lutron Electronics Co., Inc.
||The Fox Hound Award goes to a company who quickly and stealthily came up from behind in BACnet International. In the last two years Lutron has joined BACnet International as a silver member, participated in PlugFests and on BACnet International’s Education Committee. Lutron recently achieved the BTL Listing for its Quantum processor. This firmly establishes Lutron as an early adopter and pioneer in virtual BACnet networks.
|Best in Show Award
||The Bullitt Center
||The Best in Show Award goes to a project posted in the BACnet Success Stories. The Bullitt Center is a first of a kind and a great example of a control system capability. The KMC BACnet System is used to control most parts of the building beyond the HVAC. This includes the rain-water recycle, grey water, window control and the geothermal plant.
|Jack Russell Award
||Mike Olson of ABB, Inc.
||The Jack Russell Award is awarded to an individual who is always doing something for the betterment of BACnet International and the BACnet standard. With over 30 years industry experience, Mike Olson has repeatedly written articles, taught sessions and planned conferences in the BACnet community.
Congratulations to all the 2013 award winners!
- BTL-WG is Preparing PlugFest 2013! (10/13) Atlanta, GA. The BACnet International (BI) BACnet Testing Laboratories Working Group (BTL-WG)is organizing the 2013 Interoperability Workshop at the Westin Atlanta Perimeter North Hotel in Atlanta, GA. This is the 14th annual "PlugFest." This event permits vendors to test their BACnet products in a neutral and friendly environment with BACnet devices from other vendors. Last year more than 98 BACnet engineers representing 35 companies attended the workshop and improved their BACnet implementations and testing methods. For more information, including registration details, click here!
- BACnet Readies RESTful Web Services for a Plugfest in the Fall! (7/13) Denver, CO. The BACnet Committee has been working on a second version of the BACnet Web Services (BACnet/WS) which provides a protocol neutral interface for Building Automation Systems to facilitate connection to the Enterprise. This will provide a more capable and secure interface for enterprise applications allowing access to more of the data found in Building Automation Systems.
This new RESTful version of BACnet/WS extends the logical data model with more complete data modeling, subscriptions, semantic tagging for searching and filtering, and security based on TLS and OAuth2.0. Users will enjoy greater flexibility of data management as well as increased throughput. Seven companies (Automated Logic, Cimetrics, Delta Controls, MBS, PolarSoft, Siemens, and Trane) have committed to participating in a BACnet/WS plugfest in late 2013 which will test the interoperability of BACnet/WS implementations.
“We are making good progress towards a public review version of the new RESTful BACnet Web Services,” said Carl Neilson, BACnet Committee Chairman, “which will bring an enhanced connection between enterprise applications and building automation data.”
- BACnet International is Seeking a Managing Director! (6/13) Atlanta, GA. The Board of Directors of BACnet International is seeking an experienced senior executive to provide operational leadership and oversight for the organization. The position specification and candidate requirements are outlined here.
- Four More Addenda begin PPR! (4/13) Atlanta, GA. Four additional addenda to BACnet-2012 have begun a 45-day public review period from April 19 to June 3, 2013: Addendum-at, Addendum-au, Addendum-av and Addendum-aw. If you wish to submit comments, visit ASHRAE's On-line Comment Database.
- Addenda 135-2012ai, al and as begin PPR! (3/13) Atlanta, GA. Three addenda to BACnet-2012 have begun a 45-day public review period from March 8 to April 29, 2013. (Yes, it's actually 45 days plus a week! Something to do with an ANSI closing date...) Addendum-ai (Network Port Object) is starting its 3rd Publication Public Review; Addendum-al (Gateway Best Practices) is starting its 4th review; and Addendum-as (Command Source Info) is starting its first review. If you wish to submit comments, visit ASHRAE's On-line Comment Database.
- BIG-EU Announces Plugfest 2013! (3/13) Dortmund, Germany. The BACnet Interest Group Europe (BIG-EU) has announced the 7th European BACnet Interoperability Workshop! Plugfest 2013 is scheduled to take place at HTW University of Applied Sciences, May 22-24, in Berlin and is open to developers and product managers. The spring BIG-EU meetings will follow on May 27-28. For information and to register, click here.
- March 31-April 4, 2014. Light+Building, Frankfurt, Germany.
- April 7-11, 2014. SSPC 135 Interim Meeting, Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
- May 21-23, 2014. BIG-EU Plugfest 2014, Zug, Switzerland.
BACnet® is a registered trademark of American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE). For more information see the notice. This web site is hosted by the BACnet Advocacy Group, you can find us Google+.