Official Web Site of ASHRAE SSPC 135
This section contains previously released news items for your information. They are arranged with the most recent at the top, the oldest at the bottom.
|Old BACnet News
For news from previous years, click here:
- Three New Addenda Published! (5/16) Atlanta, GA.
The standard addenda listed below are now available for free download. These addenda make
up protocol Revision 19 of the BACnet standard and are the last addenda to Standard
135-2012. They will be an integral part of the upcoming consolidated BACnet Standard
135-2016, soon to be published.
- Addendum 135-2012am
Extend BACnet/WS with RESTful web services for complex data types and subscriptions,
extract the data model from Annex Q into a separate common model, rework of Annex Q
to be an XML syntax for the common model, add a JSON syntax for the common model,
deprecate Annex N SOAP services and add a migration guide, and change Clause 21
identifiers to use a consistent format.
- Addendum 135-2012ba
Add CSML based descriptions of BACnet devices, add Semantic Tags to all objects,
extend Structured View object to contain semantic information on subordinates, and
add data revisioning capabilities to CSML.
- Addendum 135-2012bc
Extend BIBBs for Primitive Value objects, add new BIBBs for event enrollment and
subscription, amend B-AWS related BIBBs for revised event reporting, add life safety
BIBBs and device profiles, add physical access control BIBBs and device profiles, and
add an All-Domain Advanced Workstation (B-XAWS) device profile.
- Five New Addenda Published! (3/16) Atlanta, GA. The standard addenda listed
below are now available for free download here or on the ASHRAE website at:
- Addendum 135-2012aj
Add support for IPv6
- Addendum 135-2012aq
Elevator object types
- Addendum 135-2012bf
Advanced Network Configuration with the Network Port object
- Addendum 135-2012bg
Add engineering units, harmonize message text handling for all alarm services, ensure
Alert Enrollment objects do not send notifications which require acknowledgment,
allow selection of the Nth last day of the month in a BACnetWeekNDay, remove initiation
of GetEnrollmentSummary from AE-AS-A, ensure UTC_Offset is configurable, clarify
ReadRange service, clarify the effect of changing Buffer_Size, stop MS/TP nodes from
sending POLL_FOR_MASTER frames to themselves, improve the Clause 12 preamble, fix the
Notification_Class property of the Notification Class object.
- Addendum 135-2012bh
Correct Application State Machine Failover, increase Segmentation Window Size for
- SSPC 135 Concludes Productive Orlando Meeting (1/16) Zug, Switzerland. The BACnet committee assembled for another 4 1/2 days of working group and plenary meetings in Orlando, FL, in the course of the ASHRAE Winter Meeting and AHR Expo 2016. While the working groups were focusing on new work items and the resolution of public review comments, the plenary voted out comment responses to several major addenda. The resolution of comment responses resulted in editorial changes only. As a result, the following addenda are now on their way to being published:
- Addendum 135-2012am defines new RESTful Web Services replacing the current Web Services that are based on SOAP. In addition, this addendum introduces the so-called BACnet Extended Data Model, also known as BACnet XD. These extensions allow for arbitrary structures, a uniform set of standardized metadata applicable to all data, a powerful mechanism for data relations, and a semantic information model.
- Addendum 135-2012ba adds device descriptions based on BACnet XD using CSML as the language, and adds extended semantic information to objects and to relations in structures of objects.
- Addendum 135-2012bc includes general BIBB updates for primitive value objects and the revised event reporting. It also includes new BIBBs and device profiles for both life safety and physical access control devices and applications. The new device profiles are added to the standard as new families, utilizing the device profile family concept introduced with Addendum 135-2012al, Protocol Revision 17.
The above three addenda will make up Protocol Revision 19. The committee decided that they are to be published as addenda to the BACnet standard 135-2012. With that, they will flow into the projected new baseline 135-2016 of the BACnet standard, expected to be publicly available this spring.
For BACnet, the RESTful Web Services Addendum 135-2012am is a major step towards support of modern IT technologies and integration with enterprise level applications, clouds, and modern user interfaces. Together with Addendum 135-2012ba, a higher level of semantic information can be provided that is consumable by machines, reducing costly manual engineering hours. On the completion of these two addenda, the committee specifically thanked and applauded former SSPC Chairman Dave Robin from Automated Logic who, as the major author of these addenda, spent an uncountable number of days and nights making possible this big achievement for the BACnet community.