Official Web Site of ASHRAE SSPC 135
|BACnet International / BACnet Testing Laboratories
The BACnet Manufacturers Association (BMA) was formed in January of 2000 to "encourage the successful use of the data communication protocol, "BACnet", in building automation and control systems, through interoperability and compliance testing, educational programs, and promotional activities."
In the fall of 2005, after much deliberation and consultation, it was decided that the interests of both the BMA and the BACnet Interest Group - North America would be better served by combining the two organizations into one, to be known as BACnet International (BI). Among the objectives of BI are to do the following:
- Develop a BACnet conformance certification and listing program that will award an interoperability mark to BI compliant products and strongly enforce BI's trademarks. Testing procedures will be based on ASHRAE standards 135 and 135.1.
- Establish a test lab to support compliance testing and interoperability testing activities.
- Promote interoperability and compliance with the BACnet standard by developing conformance testing software and organizing multi-vendor interoperability testing activities.
Provide the latest information about BACnet technology and products through educational events and a Website that displays listed products.
- Market and promote the use of BACnet to consulting engineers, end users of building automation equipment, and the building automation community at large. This will include education and publicizing successful implementations.
- Work with existing organizations worldwide to promote and improve BACnet.
The results of the last manufacturer survey of installed systems is shown below. The map indicates in blue those countries in which BACnet equipment has been installed. New countries as of 2012 are Cyprus, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Macedonia and Turkmenistan.
For more information on the current activities of BACnet International and the BACnet Testing Laboratories, please click here!